Dr. Arlene Morales is the founder and medical director of Fertility Specialists Medical Group in San Diego, CA. She is nationally recognized as a leader in Reproductive Endocrinology and Bioethics and is a frequent guest speaker for radio and television programs. She has extensive experience in treating multifaceted infertility issues.
Common stumbling block for people trying to conceive
- Couples aren’t ready to admit when they are having a hard time conceiving and often aren’t realistic about how long they’ve really been trying to conceive. Also they assume if they go to see a specialist, they will have to go high-tech which is not necessarily true..
Misconception about fertility
- Couples often think the reason they aren’t conceiving is just because they aren’t having enough sex or because when they do, it’s just not the right timing. Also they will assume that time is on their side, when with fertility, that isn’t always the case.
What is one thing that people can do to improve their outcome?
- Get yourself healthy. Watch BMI, stress, and be aware of the mind/body connection.
- Get evaluated early and know what your options are.
- A scientific and holistic approach have shown to have great outcomes.
Mental, emotional, or environmental factors that impact infertility
- stress is a huge factor
- work with additional holistic approaches, like acupuncture.
- "The Everything Fertility Book" by Nicole Galan, a former nurse with Fertility Specialists Medical Group
- Don’t wait! Come in early, get educated, and take your time to make the best decisions for you.
Guest contact info
Dr. Arlene Morales
Fertility Specialists Medical Group
8010 Frost Street, Suite P
San Diego, CA 92123
If you enjoyed this episode, please comment below. Enjoy our podcasts in the car - download from iTunes and leave a review.