Here's my current fave veggie mix.
Lots of healthy fats, antioxidants, nutrients to make your eggs weep with joy.
And, if you don't care about your eggs or you don't have any, it's great for that noggin of yours so all those neurons can let loose like your credit card in a Nordstrom Rack sale.
I tend to make a big batch so it can last me for awhile. Efficiency!
Always get organic whenever possible.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 bag fresh brussel sprouts
- 1 bag broccoli florets
- 1 bag sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 tbsp grass-fed butter, grass-fed ghee, or organic coconut oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Optional: cooked bacon (nitrite and nitrate free), chicken, beef (makes this a 1 stop meal)
Times are approximate. I didn't time it so I'm kinda guessing here.
- On medium heat, melt butter in large pan. Don't let it brown!
- Cook onions in butter until soft and translucent - about 10 minutes.
- Add brussels sprouts and water to cooked onions. Cover pan and let steam for 5 minutes. Add more water if it all evaporates.
- Add broccoli and mushrooms to pan. Add more water if necessary. Cover and steam until brussels sprouts and broccoli are fork tender (about another 5 minutes). Fork tender means when you pierce the veggie with a fork, it goes through easily. Don't overcook! Then it's just a soft mess. Yuck.
- You can add any pre-cooked protein at this point.
- Mix everything together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with freshly sliced avocado.
Feel free to add or sub any veggies you prefer.
But I HIGHLY recommend adding bacon in it. Bacon. Nuff said.
You know where to find me: http://juliechang.genbook.com/
Natural Fertility Eggspurt