Contrary to popular belief, soy is NOT a health food. In fact, it is anything BUT!
Yesterday, I touched on how soy damages the thyroid which is so important to hormonal health and fertility.
Here are some of the reasons why soy (organic or not) is so bad for you:
- Over 90% of soy grown in the US is genetically modfied (GM). What's the big deal? They're Roundup Ready - engineered to survive being sprayed otherwise lethal amounts of Roundup herbicide. We can thank Monsanto for both GM soy and the herbicide Roundup.
- interfere with thyroid function
- contains phytoestrogens - plant compounds that resemble human estrogen. Evidence shows they may disturb endocrine function, cause infertility, and promote breast cancer.
- prevents the absorption of certain minerals, including calcium, magnesium, iron, and zinc
- Research indicates that GM food may not necessarily cause harm in the person eating it but can show up in the second or third generations! GM soy effectively sterilized the third generation of hamsters...
Most soy products are to be avoided but there is an exception to consider. And that's fermented soy which is actually a health food. The fermentation process breaks down the harmful products so go ahead and eat in small quantities:
Remember to avoid unfermented soy such as:
- soy milk
- soy protein found in many protein bars and protein drinks
- soy oil
- soy cheese
- soy ice cream
- soy yogurt
- soy "meat"
- soy lecithin
- soy sauce
For more personalized fertility help, book your appointment here: http://juliechang.genbook.com/
Happy 2nd week of 2017!
Natural Fertility Eggspurt