At a friend's urging yesterday, I reset my Tinder to expand the age group of men from a minimum age of 37 down to 30.
It took him about 10 minutes to talk me into it cuz I really didn't see the appeal of going so young. I'm 45.
But whatevs so I did. No harm, no foul.
Holy smokes! My account almost blew up.
Now I'm pumped and ready to go!! ;)
Actually, it got me jazzed enough to tag today's email #FreakyFriday. Cuz it's time to get your freak on, baby!
Alright, today's email is for the dudes. So, ladies, after you read this and approve it, of course, print it out and show it to him. If you're in a same sex relationship, by "him", I mean the partner who is the masculine one.
These are advanced relationship skills as taught by Dr. John Gray, author of "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus".
This most definitely applies for you if you're trying to get pregnant.
But if you're not as I know some of you read my email just cuz... Thanks, by the way!
Let's start with some very basic biology for the peeps who are trying to conceive.
During your menses, your estrogen levels are low. After Aunt Flo leaves, estrogen rises to prepare the uterus for pregnancy. Estrogen needs to rise enough to trigger ovulation. If pregnancy doesn't occur, estrogen will drop until the period starts again.
The time from the end of the period until ovulation is thus marked by increasing estrogen. If it doesn't happen, there will be no ovulation. Got it?
So here's the cool part, estrogen levels are influenced by our social interactions.
During this time, women need more attention, affection, romance, and love from their intimate partners.
If they get it at this time, their estrogen levels rise and oxytocin, the "love" hormone, is released. This combination of hormones causes stress levels to go down and the rest of the month goes more smoothly cuz their love tank was filled up at the appropriate time.
It doesn't mean women don't need luvin' the rest of the month. It's that they REALLY need it during this week leading up to ovulation and less of it after ovulation.
This is how we evolved because if women feel loved on at this time, they're more willing to give it up to their man when they're at their most fertile. Makes sense, yes?
So here's the action plan for men...
- Ask your woman to let you know when that week from the end of her period until ovulation is. If her period is regular, just mark it on your calendar as a recurring event.
- Give flowers every time at this month. If you tend to forget, set it up at a florist so it gets sent out regularly and your credit card gets charged. Bonus tip: smaller bouquets more frequently during that week have more impact than one big showy bouquet. Higher frequency beats a solo grand gesture. Besides, she can bring the extra bouquets to work to show off the true awesomeness of her man.
- Arrange a romantic date night that works with your budget for that week. It doesn't have to be fancy. The most important thing is you figured out the details without asking for her input. The act of planning requires testosterone because it's logical and analytical. Estrogen is about emotion and being in the moment. It defeats the purpose if she partially plans it for you because her testosterone kicks in and dampens her estrogen. I know you're trying to be accommodating but really, sack up and take the reins. If in doubt, you can always run it by her AFTER you've decided. Ladies - don't complain about the choices he's made cuz you'll metaphorically cut his ballz off with your dissatisfaction. And he certainly wouldn't want to do it again. Instead, be appreciative and grateful.
- Rinse and repeat every month.
If you do this regularly, your relationship will improve. Taking the time to nurture your marriage will reaps its rewards many times over.
I want a nice big box of European chocolates as a thank you cuz I just saved your azz and made your marriage da bomb. ;)
Your woman is gonna be chatting up with her friends about how awesome you are!! Cuz we can't hide that luvin. We wanna brag about our man but you need to give us something to brag about. Those bouquets are gonna look great on her FB feed.
Natural Fertility Eggspurt
The Real Deal:
- Natural Fertility Coach
- Licensed Fertility Acupuncturist for 18 years
- Master in Traditional Oriental Medicine, Magna Cum Laude
- B.S. Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, UCLA