"I use the Pensieve. One simply siphons the excess thoughts from one's mind, pours them into the basin, and examines them at one's leisure. It becomes easier to spot patterns and links, you understand, when they are in this form."
—Albus Dumbledore, headmaster of Hogwarts wizarding school
Another lesson from the great Harry Potter series...
But before we get to that...
Why do you get shocked when you touch a doorknob after walking on carpet?
The extra energy you pick up from the carpet is released to the knob, zapping you with static electricity. The metal is a conductor of the excess energy.
What do you do when you have a lot of physical energy pent up?
Hopefully your answer is to exercise.
What happens when you have a lot of mental energy built up?
I hear crickets. A lot of people don't have an answer.
It's because most of you don't realize the importance of providing an outlet for that active mental energy.
It sits in your head, spinning round and round. You overanalyze and overthink. But it often goes nowhere.
It seeps into your subconscious, causing insomnia, anxiety, depression, and feeling stuck.
I often hear patients complain about not being able to sleep because their mind won't shut the hell up.
So here's my prescription for creating your own pensieve to calm that overactive brain of yours:
- Meditate every day. Ideally twice a day, 20 minutes each time. Once in the morning and then again in the late afternoon or early evening. Doing it too close to bedtime may actually give you more energy. I make the time to do it. So can you.
- Journal every day. These daily emails serve as my journal. Yours can be more traditional. A patient recommends the Bullet Journal for steps 2 and 3.
- Have a notebook on your nightstand. Write whatever is swirling in your noggin before bed and when you can't go back to sleep.
The key is consistency. Do it everyday until it becomes a habit.
You need to train your mind (mental body) just as you need to train your physical body.
And for goodness sakes, don't stop these habits just because you're feeling good. Maybe, just maybe, these actions got you to your happy place.
Would you stop exercising once you reached your goal? NO!! You have to maintain it with regular workouts.
A strong, calm mind is vital to keep you motivated on your fertility journey. Otherwise the disappointments can become overwhelming.
This is your work.
I can't do this for you.
But I can help you with priming your physical body for conception and a healthy pregnancy. Call me at (858) 495-0771 or book here: http://juliechang.genbook.com/
Natural Fertility Eggspurt
The Real Deal:
- Licensed Acupuncturist for 18 years
- Master in Traditional Oriental Medicine, Magna Cum Laude
- B.S. Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, UCLA