I take my dog out to pee around 6pm.
This way he has enough time to refill his bladder for one last pee before bed.
Last night, I was out and forgot to tell my kids so he must have gone later in the night.
I'm standing outside repeating "Go potty" over and over. This went on for 10 minutes.
He doesn't do it. Ugh, that means he's going to wake me up early cuz he's gotta go bad.
Timing is everything.
As it is with my dog, so it is with you if you're trying to get pregnant naturally.
Unfortunately, I see a lot of patients mis-timing the baby dance part.
So here are my recommendations...
Starting on day 8 of your cycle, have intercourse every other day.
- Day 6 if cycle is usually 26 days or less
- Day 10 if cycle is usually longer than 32 days
Starting on day 10, test with your ovulation predictor kit (OPK)
- Day 8 if cycle is usually 26 days or less
- For long cycles, subtract 20 from the average length and start then. For example, if your cycles are between 34 and 36 days, the average is 35. Substract 20, so start your OPK on day 15
- Test in early afternoon, around the same time every day. Do not drink 2 hours before testing to concentrate the hormone that's being tested.
- When OPK turns positive, have intercourse that night and the next 2 nights, for 3 nights in a row. (The 2nd night is the most important.)Then skip one night, and try one last time.
Remember, make the sex sexy and fun. Watch 50 Shades Darker for some new ideas. ;)
For more personal help to improve your fertility, call me at (858) 495-0771 or book here: http://juliechang.genbook.com/
Natural Fertility Eggspurt
The Real Deal:
- Licensed Acupuncturist for 18 years
- Master in Traditional Oriental Medicine, Magna Cum Laude
- B.S. Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, UCLA