Since Trader Joe's is within spitting distance, it's my go-to grocery store. I'm always trying to figure out ways to incorporate their ready-to-use ingredients into simple recipes.
Here's one I threw together.
I made a big batch so it could stretch over several meals. Saves me loads of time.
This is a vegetarian recipe but you can throw some cluck cluck or moo moo on it to add extra oomph.
- Don't eat kale raw. As a cruciferous veggie, kale needs to be cooked to break down the anti-nutrients. Specifically those that inhibit iodine uptake by the thyroid. A healthy thyroid is essential for fertility.
- Lots of women tend to be cold i.e. cold hands and/or feet, low basal body temperature with pre-ovulation temps below 97.5 degrees. If this is the case for you, add more warming spices like curry to your food. Doing this regularly can help raise your metabolism so you get better blood circulation.
Amounts are approximate as I just eyeballed it. It's a salad... can't really mess it up.
Warm Kale, Caramelized Onion, and Lentil Salad
- 1/2 bag organic Kale, cut and washed
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter, grass-fed ghee, or organic coconut oil
- 1/2 onion, skin removed and sliced
- 1/2 bag of pre-cooked lentils
- curry powder (to taste)
- cooked chicken, beef (optional)
- Melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Cook onions in melted butter until soft and brown for 30 minutes. When cooked for a long time, the sugars in the onion caramelize resulting in intense yumminess. To keep the onions from drying out as they cook, add a little water to the pan.
- Add kale to pan. Cook until wilted.
- Add lentils. Cook until heated through.
- Add additional animal protein, if desired.
- Season with salt, pepper, and curry powder to taste.
- Transfer salad to plate. Top with cut avocado.
Next time, I'll try adding steamed butternut squash as my healthy carb for my dinner entree.
If you think this info is helpful, forward this email to a friend having fertility issues and invite them to opt-in at zenfertility.com/top10.
Natural Fertility Eggspurt
For fertility acupuncture appointments in San Diego, call me at (858) 495-0771 or book here: http://juliechang.genbook.com/
The Real Deal:
- Licensed Acupuncturist for 18 years
- Master in Traditional Oriental Medicine, Magna Cum Laude
- B.S. Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, UCLA