I'm having a conversation with my friend at her dining table. Rapping about the yoozh - men (she's also single), work, kids, and more men.
She walks over to the fridge, grabs a can of lite whipped cream, and squirts her mouth full of it.
She explains that's her nightly snack.
Inspired, I go home and make a fertility friendly version of it.
Easy as can be...
- 1 can full-fat coconut cream
- 2 vanilla beans, scraped or 1 tablespoon ground vanilla beans or 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- sweetener to taste e.g. liquid stevia, xylitol, erythritol
Mix all ingredients together. Refrigerate until firm. Enjoy 1-2 tablespoons at a time.
- Use full-fat coconut cream, NOT the light version. You want all that saturated fat to satiate you. Otherwise, you're going to get hungry in a split second. Or you're not going to be able to stop at 2 tablespoons.
- Don't substitute coconut cream with heavy cream. When you're trying to get pregnant, avoid dairy to decrease inflammation.
- Because of how saturated fats have been demonized by pretty much everyone, they are sadly lacking in the standard American diet. It's a critical component to healthy cells and brain development of the baby you're preparing for.
- Stick with sweeteners as mentioned above that don't affect the blood sugar levels.
Great snack at 3am! Back to bed now... Ciao, Ciao.
If you have a friend with fertility issues, please forward this email to her and invite her to opt-in for daily emails at zenfertility.com/top10.
Natural Fertility Eggspurt
For fertility acupuncture appointments in San Diego, call me at (858) 495-0771 or book here: http://juliechang.genbook.com/
The Real Deal:
- Licensed Acupuncturist for 18 years
- Master in Traditional Oriental Medicine, Magna Cum Laude
- B.S. Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, UCLA