As I was making my breakfast drink this morning, I realized I had never talked about one of the ingredients I use. It's actually a relatively recent addition.
First of all, I hope you're making the butter drink I've talked about before every morning if you're trying to get pregnant. Both for you and your partner. I'm not but I drink it for optimal health. It's the easiest breakfast and will keep you full until lunch.
There are a lot of reasons why I recommend only drinking this and not eating anything else for breakfast. I've gone into them in previous emails. I won't here because it'll make this email loooonnnngggg.
Suffice it to say, this is the best start to your morning because there are no carbs or sugars.
Those smoothies you're making that you think are healthy? Not so much. Loads of sugar and that's a no-no on my fertility diet.
Anyhoo, the new addition is cinnamon.
Cinnamon has a lot of great benefits that you may be unaware of, making it worth considering in your morning butter drink.
- reduces inflammation (inflammation is a huge problem for many who are having problems getting pregnant)
- boosts brain function (important for hormonal regulation)
- regulates blood sugar (vital for decreasing the stress of blood sugar spikes from said carbs)
- has antioxidant properties (protects body from free radical damage)
When buying cinnamon, you're probably getting the cheaper cousin - Cinnamon Cassia. Instead, look for Ceylon Cinnamon which is the one used in studies and has been identified as the variety with more health benefits.
My BFF, Amazon, can hook you up or find it at a health food store. I assume Whole Foods will carry it.
You can use cinnamon in a ton of ways. The easiest is adding it to your morning drink.
So below is the recipe - nothing more, nothing less. Don't get all creative and sub out things, like creamer for butter, thinking it's no big deal. Wrong! Stick to the recipe.
The butter and coconut oil are the most important ingredients so don't skip those!!
Butter Drink (courtesy of Dave Asprey, author of "The Bulletproof Diet" and "Headstrong")
- 1 serving hot tea or Bulletproof coffee (caffeinated or decaf)
- 1-2 tbsp grass fed unsalted butter (use your hunger to determine amount of butter - you should stay full until lunch)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil extract (http://cli.re/coconutoil)
- liquid stevia to taste (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
Blend and enjoy!
Know someone dealing with infertility? Forward this email to her and invite her to opt-in for daily emails at zenfertility.com/top10.
Natural Fertility Eggspurt
For fertility acupuncture appointments in San Diego, call me at (858) 495-0771 or book here: http://juliechang.genbook.com/
The Real Deal:
- Licensed Acupuncturist for 18 years
- Master in Traditional Oriental Medicine, Magna Cum Laude
- B.S. Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, UCLA