The topic of how to thicken the uterine lining to prepare for embryo implantation came up a few times this week with my patients so let's talk about some ways to thicken it.
1. Exercise - A sedentary lifestyle and slower blood circulation due to aging result in decreased blood flow to the uterus. If you really need another reason to exercise, then this is it. A brisk walk or run is very helpful. If you can, go to the beach as the negative air ions created by the pounding surf relieve depression, decrease stress, and boost energy.
2. Eat iron rich foods to nourish the bloods. Foods like:
- grass-fed red meat
- clams, oysters, mussels
- pasture-raised eggs (with yolks)
- dark, leafy greens
- organic beef liver and other organ meat
- dark chocolate!!
How does acupuncture increase blood flow? First, think of when you get a paper cut. Immediately, more blood arrives at the injury site with cells, proteins, and antibodies to repair the wound so you don't bleed out or get an infection. Because acupuncture needles penetrate the skin, they're like microcuts signalling the body to increase blood flow with all the extra goodies to the affected area.
Know someone dealing with infertility? Forward this email to her and invite her to opt-in for daily emails at zenfertility.com/top10.
Natural Fertility Eggspurt
For fertility acupuncture appointments in San Diego, call me at (858) 495-0771 or book here: http://juliechang.genbook.com/
The Real Deal:
- Licensed Acupuncturist for 18 years
- Master in Traditional Oriental Medicine, Magna Cum Laude
- B.S. Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, UCLA