Mango, Jicama, and Shrimp Salad
- 8 oz wild-caught cooked salad shrimp, washed
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1 green mango, cut into thin strips
- 1 small jicama, cut into thin strips
- 1 small handful cilantro, washed and chopped
- 1/2 red onion. sliced thin
- 1 small red chili pepper, diced (optional for some heat)
- Himalayan pink salt or Celtic sea salt
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- In a large bowl, toss together 1st 7 ingredients.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with thin slices of avocado and enjoy!
Tip: Because of the sugar (a simple carbohydrate) content in the mangoes, I recommend you have this salad at night so that you can concentrate your carb intake at the end of the day. Keep your carbs as low as possible until dinner. Doing so will keep your blood sugar levels stable thus reducing the stress your body goes through to process excess carbs.
Know anyone trying to get pregnant? Invite her to opt-in for daily emails at zenfertility.com/top10.
Natural Fertility Eggspurt
For fertility acupuncture appointments in San Diego, call me at (858) 495-0771 or book here: http://juliechang.genbook.com/
The Real Deal:
- Licensed Acupuncturist for 18 years
- Master in Traditional Oriental Medicine, Magna Cum Laude
- B.S. Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, UCLA