My new fave noodle dish that actually has real noodles, not zoodles (zucchini noodles). The best part is that these noodles are gluten-free cuz they're made from sweet potato starch. Who da thunk it?!?
It's another easy-peasy recipe to boost fertility with the veggies, fat, and complex carbs. Simple and delicious.
- 4oz dried Korean sweet potato noodles
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 10 medium shitake mushrooms, julienned (cut into thin strips)
- 1 medium yellow onion, julienned
- 1 green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Boil a pot of salted water over high heat.
- Add noodles. Cook until transparent and al dente, about 5 minutes.
- While noodles cook, prepare a large bowl with ice water.
- Immediately transfer cooked noodles to ice-water to stop cooking.
- Drain and toss well to dry. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add all veggies to pan. Cook until they soften, about 5 minutes
- Add garlic to veggies. Cook until aromatic, about 3 minutes.
- Salt and pepper veggie mix to taste.
- Toss veggies and remaining ingredients with noodles.
- Cook until veggies are completely soft and most of cooking liquid is absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- If you're lucky enough to have a Korean market, get the organic noodles, if possible. Otherwise, get them here.
- To busy to bother with the chopping? Buy precut veggies at the salad bar or in packages. I don't think it really matters what veggies you use as long as you like them.
- Coconut aminos is a gluten-free soy sauce substitute. Get it at a natural foods store. Trader Joe's even carries it now.
- Remember to get organic whenever possible.
- Next time, I'll try it with a sprinkle of cilantro and throw in some cooked chicken to make it a 1 pot dish.
- If you want to stay vegetarian, adding portabello mushrooms should add some heft to the dish.
Know anyone trying to get pregnant and want some fertility boosting recipes? Share this email with her and Invite her to opt-in for daily emails at zenfertility.com/top10.
Natural Fertility Eggspurt
For fertility acupuncture appointments in San Diego, call me at (858) 495-0771 or book here:http://juliechang.genbook.com/
The Real Deal:
- Licensed Acupuncturist for 18 years
- Master in Traditional Oriental Medicine, Magna Cum Laude
- B.S. Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, UCLA