This recipe is one of my faves cuz I can make a big batch of meat to last several meals.
It's super simple and starts in the morning with the meat in the crockpot so it'll be ready for dinner.
The only cooking left is to pan-fry it up in 2 minutes.
- 1 to 2 pounds pork (antibiotic free)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium organic yellow onion, diced finely
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced organic tomatoes--drained
- 1/2 bag pre-washed organic baby spinach, chopped
- 1 bunch organic cilantro
- 1 package gluten-free burrito-sized organic tortillas
- himalayan pink salt or Celtic sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter
- Optional: salsa, guacamole
- In the morning, salt and pepper pork on all sides.
- Place in crockpot with water and onion.
- Cook on lowest setting for 8-10 hours.
- Remove pork from crockpot.
- Shred pork with 2 forks. Meat should come apart easily.
- Warm meat in pot with tomatoes, spinach, and cilantro until spinach is cooked.
- Place tortilla on a flat surface. Spoon meat mixture in center and spread out in a rectangular shape. Fold the sides of the tortilla over, then the top and bottom, creating a rectangular package with all the meat inside.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Place burrito in pan, seam side down.
- Fry until golden brown (about 1 minute), then flip for another minute.
- Top with salsa and guacamole.
Interested in fertility coaching? Venture forth (if you dare!) and fill out this application.
Details coming at the end of this week (I hope - forgot about the holiday week. Eeks!).
Natural Fertility Eggspurt
For fertility acupuncture appointments in San Diego, call me at (858) 495-0771 or book here: http://juliechang.genbook.com/
The Real Deal:
- Licensed Acupuncturist for 18 years
- Master in Traditional Oriental Medicine, Magna Cum Laude
- B.S. Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, UCLA
- Fertility Epigenetics guru in training