Is getting pregnant after 40 possible?

So many women believe that getting pregnant after 40yo is a pipe dream.  

Secretly, the hope lurks.  

But logically, they can't quite wrap their minds around it.  

Likely because they've been told it's a lost cause by doctor after doctor (including Dr. Google who as far as I know doesn't have a clinical fertility practice specializing in making Fertile Myrtles out of women diagnosed with poor egg quality, diminished ovarian reserve, low AMH, high FSH, and any other doom and gloom gobbledy gook).

Or read really depressing blogs and forums about how women are struggling.  Tip - stay away from negative "support" groups.  

Or get nasty comments from family/friends.  Tip - cut them off (at least for now).

And so I had this long discussion yesterday with a potential new patient.  She's 41yo.

The gist of what I said is this...

Look, it's totally possible to get pregnant into the 40s.  The problem is most people don't stick with it long enough for it to work.  

So here's the reality.

Very few of my patients over 40yo get pregnant within 3 months of starting treatment get pregnant.  Naturally or with IVF.  They probably would fit on 1 hand. 

And here's the reason...

There hasn't been enough time for the changes to have enough impact on egg and/or sperm quality to make a healthy embryo, resulting in a full-term pregnancy.  

It needs a minimum of 3 months.  And that's cuz it takes sperm 70 days to mature and eggs 90 days for the final phase of maturation.  So it's biologically improbable to clear that junk in the trunk before 3 months.  

That's the bad news.

Here's the good news...

I have helped dozens of women over 40 get pregnant.  75% of them conceived naturally.  The other 25% was with IVF.

It took them 9 months to 2 years to realize that success.  

So, if you want to do this, keep that in mind.  Print this email out and read it whenever you start losing hope.  

This is a marathon, not a sprint.

But it can be done with the proper "training".

If you want to do it with me, I'll relaunch my online coaching program in Oct/Nov.  

In the meantime, know anyone who needs some hope while trying to get pregnant?  Please forward this and have her sign up for my daily emails atzenfertility.com/top10.

Julie Chang,
Natural Fertility Eggspurt

The Real Deal:

  • Natural Fertility Coach
  • Licensed Fertility Acupuncturist for 18 years
  • Doctorate in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine - 2018
  • Master in Traditional Oriental Medicine, Magna Cum Laude
  • B.S. Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, UCLA

Show me how to improve my fertility naturally with daily email tips