Back from my weekend trip to the Bay Area, I return to San Diego more rotund.
It was all about the food. Eating is a huge part of the Chinese culture. So I'm more than happy to partake. :)
My family and I dine out often cuz there are new places popping up all the time.
You know the restaurant is legit when the patrons are 100% Chinese. Nary a drop of European blood in sight (other than my half-blood demon spawn)...
Here's a tip: you wanna know how good a Chinese restaurant is? Count how many non-Chinese are in the restaurant. The number of non-Chinese is inversely proportional to how good the food is. Meaning the less Caucasians, the better the food. Sounds racist but that's the straight up truth. That's cuz the chefs don't have to alter the original recipes to cater to Western tastes. You're welcome.
Anyhoo, back to me...
All the food was Taiwanese cuz that's how this homey rolls.
Behold your eyes on a feast of epic proportions... Makes me wanna cry for more.
- minced pork with veggies rice bowl
- fried pork chops
- seafood stir-fried noodles
- sauteed silk cucumbers with clams
And for dessert...
- Shaved ice with fresh taro, taro balls, sweet potato balls, red bean
- shaved snow ice with almond pudding, egg pudding, taro filled mochi, jelly noodles, condensed milk
- milk tea with grass jelly (not pictured)
Although San Diego can't compare with the offerings of the Bay Area, it does have its gems. And I'll be sharing them with anyone interested.
For you fellow foodies, culinary adventurers, or just hungry folks...
If you wanna join me Wed, August 9 in Kearny Mesa for lunch at Dumpling Inn at11:30am followed by a trip to 2 of the biggest Asian supermarkets (Ranch 99 and Zion Markets) and ending with afternoon tea, reply to this email. The cost will be $20 and will cover the cost of lunch only. You can join us for any or all of the agenda.
Here's the itinerary again...
- 11:30am - meet for lunch in Kearny Mesa
- Zion supermarket
- Ranch 99 supermarket
- tea at Tea Station
Warning! Lunch is NOT fertility-friendly food. It's your cheat meal.
I'll introduce some healthier alternatives when we're at the grocery stores but lunch is strictly a gluttonous feast. Bon appetit!
Reply to this email if you wanna come.
Natural Fertility Eggspurt
The Real Deal:
- Natural Fertility Coach
- Licensed Fertility Acupuncturist for 18 years
- Doctorate in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine - 2018
- Master in Traditional Oriental Medicine, Magna Cum Laude
- B.S. Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, UCLA