I lied... Recipe as promised yesterday will be shared tomorrow.
Eh - I started writing and diarrhea of the mind made this email longer than I thought it would be originally.
The most important ingredient in the promised recipe is turmeric.
So let's talk turmeric cuz it's been making the rounds as a new superfood.
Even though it's been used medicinally in Chinese and Ayurvedic medicines for thousands of years. (eye roll - silly Westerners)
Turmeric has lots of medicinal benefits, making it useful for many conditions.
But for fertility, in particular...
- It's a potent antioxidant which is essential when improving egg and sperm quality.
- Anti-inflammatory properties reduce inflammation that might be interfering with fertility. Especially recommended for women diagnosed with endometriosis, an inflammatory condition.
- It's an anticoagulant which makes it safer than baby Aspirin to thin the blood (reducing the risk of miscarriage), in my humble (but true) opinion.
- Improves blood flow to the ovaries
- Reduces cramping
- Can help inhibit the growth of uterine fibroids
- Improves sperm quality - increasing count, concentration, and motility (didn't want to leave you guys out of this party)
Not enough benefits, you say? Fine, you greedy reader!
- Known as "natural aspirin" in Ayurvedic medicine, it relieves pain from headaches and decreases swelling from wounds.
- Reduces the pain of arthritis
- As you can tell, it's great for all sorts of pain due to its anti-spasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Studies suggest it may prevent, suppress, and kill cancer cells.
- It may even prevent and treat Alzheimer's.
When cooking with it, fresh, organic turmeric has more benefits than the dried powder since you don't know how long the dried stuff has been on the shelf.
When choosing fresh turmeric, know that it looks exactly like ginger but its flesh is a bright orange instead of the pale yellow of ginger. Yes, a little confusing at first.
See what I mean?
Stay tuned for tomorrow's super simple recipe using this super-duper spice.
Want more fertility suggestions? My home study GPS (Get Pregnant & Stay pregnant) Fertility Program will flood you with plenty. Come join in on the fun here - zenfertility.com/gps
Natural Fertility Eggspurt
The Real Deal:
- Natural Fertility Coach
- Licensed Fertility Acupuncturist for 18 years
- Master in Traditional Oriental Medicine, Magna Cum Laude
- B.S. Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, UCLA