Great question from a GPS (Get Pregnant and Stay pregnant) Fertility Program client...
"I don’t drink juices or sodas. Yet, I feel like I need to add something else to my drinks repertoire, so...What is your take on carbonated drinks? I am considering getting a machine for home to make my own carbonated water. Would that be a good addition?"
First things first...
Sodas are the worst fertility offenders. Diet or regular. Stop them immediately.
Fruit juices aren't as bad but they're still no bueno. People think since they're "natural", they can go to town with them. Nooo. The amount of sugar in them makes them fertility killers as well.
So what about the homemade carbonated waters?
My 2 beefs with them are...
1. The flavor packs are synthetic toxic bombs. If you can flavor them with fresh fruit and veggies (berries, lemons, limes, cucumbers, mint), that would be way better. Or find flavor packs that use stevia as the sweetener and no artificial crap like food coloring and preservatives.
2. Carbonated beverages tend to make a person full. Women already don't eat enough of the right proteins and fats to provide the right building blocks for a healthy baby. Drinking a nutrient-less beverage like a carbonated drink is gonna hinder them even further.
My Fertility Top10 educates on what beverages to drink that best improve fertility. There are definitely very specific ones so if you want in on those nuggets, it starts here...http://zenfertility.com/top10
Natural Fertility Eggspurt
The Real Deal:
- Natural Fertility Coach
- Licensed Fertility Acupuncturist for 18 years
- Master in Traditional Oriental Medicine, Magna Cum Laude
- B.S. Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, UCLA