Dairy-free milks are all the rage. It's kinda like an oxymoron.
Btw, the word "oxymoron" makes me feel like a moron because I can never remember that word.
Examples of oxymorons (figure of speech where contradicting words are put together): jumbo shrimp, living dead, Hell's Angels, Microsoft Works, dumb Asian ;P
Anyhoo, back at the ranch...
So when you're trying to get pregnant and really there's no reason for ANYONE (man, woman, child, and everyone in between) to drink dairy milk, you gotta quit the habit. Cuz you can get your calcium and protein from much better sources.
Really why do you need milk at all? You shouldn't be eating cereal. And why can't you use water in your not-so-fertility-friendly smoothies?
But if you insist on milks, most will turn to nut milks, most commonly almond milk.
The problem with buying almond milk is that those lovely shelf-friendly rectangular Tetra Pak cartons are lined with plastic. The chemicals in the plastic can leach into the milk. Those chemicals then act like estrogen in your body. Awesome. NOT!
And have you looked at the additives on the label? Carrageenan, for example. A known inflammatory. In fact, drug investigators have actually used carrageenan to CAUSE inflammation in tissues in order to test the anti-inflammatory properties of new drugs. Inflammation is the deadliest of fertility villains and must be avoided.
What's a girl to do then?
Why you can go au naturel and make your own, of course. It's actually really simple, even for morons like me.
Here's the stripped down, naked version...
- Soak 1 cup of organic, raw, unsalted almonds in 4 cups of good quality filtered water with a pinch of sea salt overnight (about 12 hours).
- Blend in a high powered blender or food processor.
- Strain mixture through cheesecloth.
- Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
Don't make me go Jurassic Park on you by throwing out the pulp. You can do this instead...
- Dry out the almond pulp in the oven at the lowest temperature and blend/process it into a fine powder to make almond flour.
- Use it as a body scrub. Add a drop or 2 of ginger essential oil to stimulate blood circulation. (Ginger is one of the best herbs for fertility so use it whenever and wherever you can.)
- Try these fertility-friendly recipes.
You think this one article had fertility tips you didn't know? Well, there are bushels full in my Fertility Top10 http://zenfertility.com/top10
San Diego live workshop sold out! There's room in Hawaii's live workshop info here... zenfertility.com/events
Natural Fertility Eggspurt
The Real Deal:
- Natural Fertility Coach
- Licensed Fertility Acupuncturist for 18 years
- Master in Traditional Oriental Medicine, Magna Cum Laude
- B.S. Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, UCLA