I avoid the number "one".
To clarify, I'm talking about the actual number and not what you do in the bathroom.
I really don't like that number. It's my kryptonite. It implies all or nothing. There isn't a gray area.
To have one of something means if you don't have it anymore, you have nothing. I avoid "one" in almost every aspect of my life...
- I have more than one income stream. My goal is to create as many as possible so if one or more goes poof, it doesn't hit me as hard financially. Here's some unsolicited advice for you corporate peeps: when you're employed, you should be looking for a better job, whether it's internally or outside of your company. The best time to look is when you're not stressed about your next paycheck so you can be selective. Doing this will allow you to climb higher up the ladder and be more fulfilled. That same concept leads to the next point...
- I date more than one guy at a time to prevent myself from overly investing in one person prematurely. When I find my one guy (I'll make an exception for "one" in this case), I'll do more than one thing to make sure he stays happy. If you know what I mean... ;)
- I have 2 kids. In case one doesn't work out and I can't keep her off the pole, I have the other as back up.
- I have different workouts - yoga, weights, biking, sprints, and trying out TRX in about an hour. Makes my body stronger to challenge it in unpredictable ways and avoid injury from doing the same movements.
Whatever goal I have, there are multiple roads to get there. The more avenues, the better.
This is the same approach you should have when you're trying to get pregnant.
Way too many people (women AND men) are very linear.
If A, then Baby. They do one thing at a time. One insemination cycle at a time. One IVF cycle at a time. One month of trying at a time. Cuz they're waiting to see how it turns out. "If it doesn't work this time, I'll start ____." Sound familiar?
With that attitude, you're a-wasting precious time cuz there's no time like the present to start.
Rather, think this way...
If A+B+C+D..., then Baby.
Picture a wheel with lots of spokes leading to the center. Do different things to improve your fertility at one time.
- quitting smoking
- losing weight
- eating healthier
- sleeping more
- being happier
- taking your supplements
Those are all different roads that lead to your goal. The reason you do better at all of those things is so that you're not dependent on just one way to get pregnant.
Get it? If you want details on what these different spokes are to improve your fertility naturally, my Fertility Top10 is it: http://zenfertility.com/top10
Natural Fertility Eggspurt
The Real Deal:
- Natural Fertility Coach
- Licensed Fertility Acupuncturist for 19 years
- Master in Traditional Oriental Medicine, Magna Cum Laude
- B.S. Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, UCLA